Saturday, July 29, 2017
Start Times: 10K 8:00 AM
5K 8:15 AM
Eco Tri 9:00 AM
58212 403 Avenue
Zumbro Falls, MN 55991
- Kayak: Bring your own kayak or canoe if you have one, or you may contact one of our race sponsors "Boulder Dam Canoe & Kayak" to rent one. They have provided us with a great rate for a kayak rental. $25 includes the kayak, paddle and life jacket. They have also agreed to provide access to the boats from 6-8 pm on Friday if you'd like to get familiar with the equipment before the race.
- Bike: You will need a bike capable of "off-road" use. This is a not an "extreme" course, you will not have to cross logs or anything too "technical". However, a road bike with skinny tires will not handle the off-road terrain very well. Also, if the conditions are wet, an off-road tire will perform much better.
- Run: A good pair of running shoes is all that is required here. Some may prefer "trail running shoes" that offer greater stability for off-road terrain. You will be running mostly on hiking trails, there may be loose dirt, gravel or even mud so plan accordingly.
Equipment Security: Racer's equipment are the responsibility of the racers. The Rochester Eco Tri and/or Camp
Victory are not responsible for any equipment left unattended. However, the Rochester Eco Tri and 10K Trail Race
along with Camp Victory will provide moderate security for your equipment.
- Kayaks: If you want to bring your Kayak in the day before, there will be a cable lock system at Fisherman's Inn (starting point). The cable will run through all kayaks and be padlocked. The Race Director will hold the key and it will be unlocked first thing race day morning when staff/volunteers are present.
- Bikes: Bikes are welcome to be left within the corral/transition area at Camp Victory the day before. There is no further security for bikes. The front gate to the camp property will be closed over night.
TEAM ECO TRI RACING
The Rochester Eco Tri provides a team option to enjoy this great race even though you don't want to or are unable to do
all three elements yourself. The TEAM option is RELAY STYLE and involves a team of two or three racers each taking
For instance: A three person team would have one person kayak, another mountain bike, and then the last person run
and finish the race. A two person team would be similar except one person would do two of the three elements.
The transition corral becomes the "tag" point for your team.
A word on TANDEMS: Tandem kayaks or canoes are acceptable in this race ONLY IF USED SOLO. This is a solo
element race only. This means only one person per element regardless of team or individual. A tandem kayak or canoe
with two people would be a significant and unfair advantage to the rest of the racers.
Schedule of events:
Friday, July 28th
- Packet Pick Up and late registration. Eco Tri body marking.
- Optional equipment drop off for Eco Tri racers (bikes and kayaks).
- Pre-ride/run - course inspection (This is the only time the course will be open for trial runs before race day)
Saturday, July 29th
- 7:00–7:30 a.m Last registration/packet pick-up (and body marking)
- 6:30–7:50 a.m Last chance for equipment drop-off for Eco Tri (Transition Corral will close at 7:50 a.m.)
- 7:50–8:00 a.m. ALL RACERS MANDATORY MEETING
- 8:00 a.m. 10K Trail Race Start
- 8:15 a.m. 5K Trail Race Start
- 8:00–8:45 a.m Shuttling of Eco Tri participants
- 8:15–9:00 a.m Final Eco Tri racer body marking
- 9:00 a.m. Eco Tri Race Start (first wave) from Fisherman's Inn
- 9:00–9:45 a.m. Eco Tri Racers launch in 4 minute waves increments
- 10:00 a.m. 10K and 5K awards
- Noon Eco Tri Awards (approximate times)
Camp Victory is an ALCOHOL FREE ZONE.